Thursday, July 31, 2008

Savour the love of your loved ones before it is too late

“The love of our loved one’s that you miss today or ignore today will never come back.”

Savour the love of your loved ones before it is too late


A busy life had resulted in a situation in which I was not able to spend much time with my family. I returned home late and would find my six-year old daughter already asleep. I would have one drink too many in the night and sleep till late. By the time I woke up next day, my daughter would be gone to school. Sundays were spent in pursuing hobbies.
One Sunday I was going out with my friend’s then my daughter rushed towards me. She was upset that I was leaving her again and was not taking her along. She told me that she was making a special gift for me which would be ready only by the afternoon. She wanted me to return soon so that I could un-wrap it in her presence. But I was held up with my buddies and by the time I came back, it was almost two in the night and my daughter was fast asleep. Nevertheless, I saw a small box and it was light. I shook it from side to side but no sounds came. I hastily un-wrapped the box and found that it was empty. I was a little puzzled and tossed it aside. The next morning, I was woken up early by my daughter who was all ready to go to school. She asked me with a flush of excitement if I had got her gift. I told her that it was an empty box. “But Daddy, I had filled it with a hundred of kisses for you!” she said a little sadly. I had become so involved in my pursuit of pleasure that I had not been able to recognize her hundred kisses.
We are all stuck in the race of success or pleasure and don’t have time for our loved ones. By the times we realize it, it is too late.

10 Comments:

At July 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Blogger Jyoti said...

She gave you a good lesson.
Hope you will understand what that angel wanted to convey.

Sudhar jao daddy!!

 
At August 1, 2008 at 3:09 AM, Blogger KB said...

wonderful words of wisdom

 
At August 1, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

:) How true.

 
At August 2, 2008 at 5:33 AM, Blogger Maddy said...

A touching post Ram, Pass on my hundred Kisses and hugs to your little angel!!

 
At August 4, 2008 at 2:34 AM, Blogger GMG said...

Hi Raghu! Great post; very wise!
I think you may wish to have a look here. Enjoy!

 
At August 4, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Blogger di.di said...

Good piece. Read it so many times before but its still touching each time..

 
At August 4, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Blogger Priya said...

That was so sweet and this is the time to spend more with them.

 
At August 4, 2008 at 8:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh...

that was moving.

kids they really teach us in many ways.

right, we really take each moment.

nice post ;)

 
At August 10, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Well let's hope that it's never too late for you...

 
At August 13, 2008 at 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be very good.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘My Days with myself’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home